Lagvić - Kraljičin zdenac - PD Grafičar - Sljeme - Medvedgrad - Lagvić
Where is NP Medvednica located?
- Medvednica Nature Park is located right next to the capital of Croatia and forms its natural border on the northwestern side.
- Located in a strategically ideal place, in the past it protected Zagreb from attacks from the northwest, and today it protects the city from the cold and sometimes unpleasant north wind.
Why visit NP Medvednica?
- Because it offers the perfect escape from the hustle and bustle of the city and beyond the 60 hiking trails it provides a path to inner peace and well-being for every visitor.
- Because in addition to natural beauty, which hardly any capital city can boast in such proximity, Medvednica also hides rich cultural and historical heritage.
- Because thanks to numerous mountain lodges and restaurants, every visitor to NP Medvednica will find something for themselves. Our recommendation - beans with sausage and cheese strudel.
What is PP Medvednica hiding?
- In the Nature Park more than 70 streams flow, finds its home through 1000 plant and 50 animal species which, considering its proximity to the capital, make this place special in a good part of the world.
- On the slopes of Medvednica, a medieval castle has been watching over the town for over 800 years ; Medvedgrad fortress.
- Medvednica is home to one of the largest caves in Croatia - cave Veternica over 6,000 meters long, which provided shelter to humans 40,000 years ago, and today is a safe haven for over 20 species of bats.
- Zrinski mine which reminds us that silver was mined here more than 500 years ago.