Zagreb - Ogulin - Klek - Kamačnik Canyon - Zagreb
Where are Klek and Kamačnik located?
- Halfway between Zagreb and the Adriatic Sea, this region, often left out of tourist maps, hides amazing natural beauty. That's why we take you there to discover them.
- Mount Klek and mountain Kamačnik are located in the Croatian mountain region of Gorski Kotar, which, due to its mountainous landscape, is often called "Croatian Switzerland"
Why visit Klek and Kamačnik?
- Because Klek is the cradle of Croatian alpinism and mountaineering. More precisely, in 1874, the Croatian Mountaineering Society was founded on it as the 9th in the world.
- Because at the very end of the exciting climb to the top of Klek, you will have the opportunity try yours beginners mountaineering skills.
- Because the Kamačnik river canyon is not like a fairy tale, fairy tales are created thanks to landscapes like this..
- Because Klek and the Kamačnik canyon are places that will truly stimulate creativity and rest your soul.
What are Klek and Kamačnik hiding?
- 850 hectares of protected landscape which will not leave any nature lover indifferent.
- Unique sound installations like: Pan's gong, bear's marimba, deer's horn and pooh's bells that will entertain everyone from 7 to 107 years old.
- One of the three deepest springs in Croatia, the source of the Kamačnik river is deeper than 118 m, the cave divers have managed to dive this deep.
- Restaurants where you can try local specialties, some of which we definitely recommend :roe stew and irresistible blueberry strudel.