Zagreb - Ogulin - Klek - Kamačnik Canyon - Zagreb
Where are Klek and Kamačnik situated?
- Halfway between Zagreb and the Adriatic Sea, this wonderful region, often left out of tourist maps, hides amazing natural beauties. That's why we invite you to discover it with us!
- Mount Klek and mountain Kamačnik are located in the Croatian mountain region of Gorski Kotar, which, due to its mountainous landscape, is often called "Croatian Switzerland"
Why visit Klek and Kamačnik?
- Because Klek is the cradle of the Croatian alpinism and mountaineering. More precisely, in 1874, the Croatian Mountaineering Society was founded on its peak as the 9th Mountaineering society in the world.
- Because at the very end of this exciting climb on top of Klek, you will have the opportunity to try your begginer mountaineering skills.
- Because the Kamačnik river canyon is not as from a fairy tale, it's the fairy tales that are created thanks to landscapes like this..
- Because Klek and the Kamačnik canyon are places that will truly stimulate creativity and rest your soul.
What are Klek and Kamačnik hiding?
- 850 hectares of protected landscape which will astonish every nature lover.
- Unique sound installations like: Pan's gong, bear's marimba, deer's horn and pooh's bells that will entertain everyone from 7 to 107 years old.
- One of the three deepest springs in Croatia, the source of the Kamačnik river is deeper than 118 m, which is the depth divers reached so far.
- Restaurants where you can try delicious local specialties, out of which we definitely recommend :roe stew and irresistible blueberry strudel.